HEAD WRESTLING COACH- DARTON COLLEGE
Darton College is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, energetic, and organized individual for a full-time position as Head Wrestling Coach.
The Darton College Athletic Department is one of the most comprehensive and successful two year collegiate athletic programs in the southeastern United States. The Cavaliers have won multiple NJCAA National Championships, Region Championships, Conference Championships, Academic Team of the Year honors, All American and Academic All American awards.
Darton's Physical Education/Athletic/ Wellness Complex includes over 100,000 square feet of state of the art venues for teaching, athletics and wellness programming. The complex includes Recreation Gym, Cavalier Arena, Fitness Center, Aerobics/Dance Studio, Natatorium, indoor walking track, and classrooms. Additional outdoor facilities include Cavalier baseball complex, tennis facility, softball field, climbing tower and wall, two soccer fields, outdoor volleyball courts, and activity fields.
Additionally, the College has included a wrestling specific venue in its facility master plan that will include a wrestling room to house three competition mats, spectator seating, offices, locker rooms, and a lounge/meeting room.
Darton College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and enrolls approximately 6,000 students in two-year transfer programs, career programs, and one-year certificate programs. Darton has recently received Board of Regent’s approval to begin offering selected bachelor degree programs as well.
Working Title: Head Wrestling Coach
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
The Head Wrestling Coach is responsible for coaching and administration of the wrestling program.
Nature of Work:
The Head Wrestling Coach provides a vital service to the athletic department by coordinating and conducting all aspects of the wrestling program including but not limited to practices, competitions, recruiting, fundraising, discipline, and monitoring of academic progress of student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for coaching and directing wrestling program including but not limited to organizing and supervising all practices and competitions.
• Recruiting quality student athletes.
• Budgeting and travel planning.
• Commitment to and monitoring student athlete academic progress and academic advisement.
• Coordinate fundraising efforts, public relations, and community service projects.
• Organize, promote, and direct successful residential and commuter youth camps, clinics, and tournaments.
• Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of scholarships, practicing, recruiting, scouting, and skill development.
• Recommend, administer, and document appropriate student athlete disciplinary action.
• Maintain equipment inventory.
• Commitment to comply with all policies and regulations governing the National Junior College Athletic Association, Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association, Darton College, and the Athletic Department.
• Develop and maintain effective interaction with students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
• Must meet educational requirement and/or have appropriate experience to perform one or more of the following:
- Teach in an academic discipline of the college (requires masters degree and 18 graduate hours in discipline).
- Serve as Facility Manager.
- Or perform an additional assignment based on experience and qualifications.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Considerable knowledge and experience of coaching wrestling including competitions, practices, strength/conditioning, and recruiting.
Knowledge and ability to ensure academic success of student athletes.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Outlook and various office machines such as photocopier and facsimile.
Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, employees, students and the public.
Effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required Master’s Degree preferred.
Prior successful coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
The Head Wrestling Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
A complete application must include:
• A letter of application
• A current resume
• Unofficial transcripts of all college work; official transcripts will be required prior to employment
• Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current professional references
• Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation
***Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Address all inquiries,
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31707-3098
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply