Head Wrestling Coach/ Bethel University
Immediate opening to assume leadership of the new wrestling program starting at Bethel University. This full-time, twelve month position reports to the Director of Athletics. Responsibilities include practice and meet management, recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes, academic monitoring of student athletes, development of alumni and community relations, fundraising in conjunction with the athletic booster club and administrative duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and successful experience coaching in wrestling. Preference will be given to those candidates who have a Master’s degree and those having coaching experience in collegiate wrestling. Additionally, an understanding of, and commitment to, NAIA rules and regulations is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for coaching and directing wrestling program including but not limited to organizing and supervising all practices and competitions.
• Recruiting quality student athletes.
• Budgeting and travel planning.
• Commitment to and monitoring student athlete academic progress and academic advisement.
• Coordinate fundraising efforts, public relations, and community service projects.
• Organize, promote, and direct successful residential and commuter youth camps, clinics, and tournaments.
• Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of scholarships, practicing, recruiting, scouting, and skill development.
• Recommend, administer, and document appropriate student athlete disciplinary action.
• Maintain equipment inventory.
• Commitment to comply with all policies and regulations governing the NAIA, Bethel University, and the Athletic Department.
• Develop and maintain effective interaction with students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
In addition to the application materials listed below, please provide the names of three references.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org