Head Women's Wrestling Coach
Waldorf College is seeking to fill the position of Women's Head Wrestling Coach. The qualified candidate must have a passion for the International Styles of wrestling and growing the sport of women's wrestling throughout the Midwest. Must have demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with all levels employee’s and programs. The candidate must be committed to the mission and goals of Waldorf College and the philosophies of the Athletic Department. This is a 10-month full-time position with benefits.
• Bachelor's degree required, Masters' preferred
• Minimum of two years coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level
• Previous experience as an International wrestler
• Possess experience working with diverse students and staff
• Valid driver's license
• Previous experience coaching women in International Styles of wrestling
• Able to work as a team member and be self-directed
• Ability to organize and motivate student-athletes to maximum performance levels in both athletics and academics
• Commitment to absolute integrity, values, and a high sense of ethics, morals and expectations of collegiate athletic programs
• Demonstrated compliance with all NAIA, MCAC, NWCA, WCWA and institutional rules and regulations
Successful fulfillment of wrestling coaching responsibilities include, but is not limited to strong organizational, communication and leadership skills; proven ability to recruit quality Wrestling student-athletes; instruction of techniques, fundamentals, coaching and psychological skills training; scheduling and coaching practices and contests (practice prep and match prep); mentoring; equipment control; retention of student-athletes; a commitment to ensuring a strong atmosphere of academic excellence and progress; monitoring annual sport budget; coordinate team travel; fundraising; supervise assistant coach(es); community involvement and serve as a good will ambassador for Waldorf College Athletics; attend all staff and department meetings; organize camps/clinics; perform any additional duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Frequent travel will be required including nights and weekends.
Review of applications begins immediately until filled.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume/CV, three letters of reference and a college application to: Women's Wrestling Coach Search, 106 S 6th Street Forest City, IA 50436 or email email@example.com indicating "Women's Wrestling/your last name" in the subject line. A Waldorf application can be found at www.waldorf.edu/employment. A background check including a DMV check will be required of any candidate offered the position.