G.A. Coach - St. Cloud State University
Position: Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach
School: St. Cloud State University
Location: St. Cloud, MN
The Athletic Department at St. Cloud State University is seeking an individual to fill the Graduate Assistant Wrestling position starting August 25, 2014. The position will report to the head wrestling coach. The essential responsibility will be to assist the head wrestling coach in the organizational, management and coaching of a NCAA Division II wrestling team.
This is a 9-month position in which the individual will receive a $7,500 stipend and 6 paid credit hours per semester.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strength Training
• Conditioning Practices
• Individual work-outs
• Clerical Work
• Academic Monitoring of Student-Athletes
The learning outcomes for the Graduate Assistant for the wrestling program include, but are not limited to:
• Hands on learning of all aspects associated with collegiate coaching.
Training alongside with student-athletes
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance
• Bachelor Degree
• Enrollment in a master’s degree program at SCSU
• Past collegiate wrestling experience.
Application materials required:
• Graduate Assistant Application
• Cover Letter
• References and/or Letters of Recommendations
Send all information to: Steve Costanzo, Head Wrestling Coach, St. Cloud State University, 329 Halenbeck Hall, 720 Fourth Ave South, St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498. Call 320-308-2996 or 320-309-4878 for more information.